I’ve Never Had A Massage Before. I am so Nervous!
Congratulations on considering massage! We love newbies! If it has been many years since your last massage, that is awesome too! Each massage therapist, spa, and clinic may be different, so we welcome you to ask questions if you have them.
What to expect:
1. Once you arrive, expect to be asked to fill out some information about yourself, medical history, injuries, and physical conditions or ailments that you may be experiencing. We recommend you arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment to complete the forms.
2. Your session begins once you therapist reviews your forms with you and discusses the purpose of your visit along with areas to focus on.
3. Your session will be held in a private relaxing room. The therapist will explain how the table works, where to lay, how to disrobe and how to cover yourself. Your therapist allows you 100% privacy by leaving the room, knocking and asking permission to reenter the room in a few minutes.
4. During your session, the therapist will only uncover areas of your body that are being worked on such as your arm or leg. The remaining portion of your body is draped at times.
5. Your session is all about you. Be sure to communicate your relaxation and wellness goals with your therapist. You can choose a fully customized body massage for relaxation or stress reduction or focus on specific areas of your body.
6. Remain relaxed during your massage and clear your mind. It is important to keep your muscles as relaxed and loose as possible. Remember to communicate with your therapist if you are feeling discomfort or pain or if you would like more or less pressure.
7. When your massage comes to an end and the therapist will dismiss themselves from the room and wait in the lobby while you regain consciousness and get dressed.
After your massage, drink plenty of water and fluids to help move any acids or toxins from your muscles and bloodstream. Not doing so can create soreness and headaches.
We look forward to welcoming you for your first visit. To make your first appointment please call, text or click for an appointment.
763-219-0163 or MassageonMilleLacs.com